What is the Going PRO Talent Fund?
The Going PRO Talent Fund awards funds to employers for training, developing and retaining current and newly hired employees. Training funded by the Talent Fund must be short-term and fill a demonstrated talent need experienced by the employer. Training must lead to a credential for a skill that is transferable and recognized by industry.
MMA has fought hard since 2014 to support Michigan’s vital Going PRO Talent Fund, a vital resource of employer grants for talent solutions.
Did You Know…
- $27 million is available for the Fiscal Year 2021 application cycle.
- Since its inception, the Going PRO Talent Fund has directly funded more than $100 million toward talent and workforce development programs.
- Employers may be able to apply throughout the year (outside of regular application period) for innovative collaborative proposals
Program Statistics 2014-2019
- Number of companies receiving awards: 3,136
- Average amount of award: $31,548
- Average training cost per person: $1,062
Can my business apply for Going PRO funding directly?
No, the Talent Investment Agency (TIA) grants the funds to employers through local Michigan Works! agencies (see Michigan Works! Talent Fund Key Contacts by Region and County).
Michigan Works! Agencies (MWA) Business Services staff conduct fact-finding sessions with employers to assess their talent skill gaps, suitable training providers and availability of federal funding sources. The MWA Business Services staff can then determine whether Going PRO Talent Fund grants would be appropriate to help close the skills gap.
During the application period, MWAs submit Going PRO Talent Fund applications to TIA on behalf of their partnering employer.
How can I learn more about the Going PRO Talent Fund?
Check out these resources for more information:
What is the application period?
The Going PRO Talent Fund application period for Fiscal Year 2021 opens Monday, 11/2/20, and closes Monday, 11/30/20, at 5:00 p.m. Awards are subject to available funding.
How do I connect with my local MWA?
Manufacturers may only apply for Going PRO Talent Fund grants through their local MWA. Find your Michigan Works! Talent Fund Key Contacts by Region and County.