How not to get shocked, jolted and fried by the coming shift in automotive power sources
- The phase out of the internal combustion engine will have a significant impact on automotive manufacturing as the market shifts from the traditional “mechanical component” suppliers to electrical components, equating to a $450 billion market disruption that will have a significant impact on the global manufacturing industry. Strategic automotive consultant Paul Eichenberg will tell us what this means for manufacturers of all sizes and in every industry. Join us to identify future market opportunities, understand strategic options to evaluate strategies moving forward, and learn how it will impact key systems.
Opportunities & Threats of the 4th Industrial Revolution
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution has been characterized as a collision of manufacturing and technology through digitization, robotics, and internet connectivity throughout the supply chain. The speed of change will be unprecedented! UHY LLP’s Thomas Alongi will discuss how middle market manufacturing suppliers can position themselves to take advantage of the opportunities and how to thwart the disruptive threats of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Technology’s Impact on Manufacturers Large and Small
- The challenges of the fourth industrial revolution don’t just affect large corporations; they challenge manufacturers of all sizes across the supply chain. This diverse panel of manufacturing leaders guarantees attendees will receive valuable information to help grow their Michigan-based business. Leading executives will share real-world examples of challenges and accomplishments related to Industry 4.0 including, development of robotics, implementation of automation and cyber security best practices.
Cyber Warfare: Manufacturing and a Brand-New Battlefield
- Cyber security is becoming part of every business strategy. Get an understanding of how the Michigan Cyber Command Center (MC3) works to coordinate responders in the event of a cyber attack against Michigan’s infrastructure. Learn how the Michigan National Guard, Michigan State Police and Merit Network are helping Michigan manufacturers identify traits of a cyber attacker, recognize business weak points, build culture and policies for strong cyber security and provide resources to help.
OT & IT Convergence: Take a Bite or Be Eaten
- Success in Industry 4.0 requires more than the adoption of robotics and automation, it involves a new strategic mindset where Informational Technology overlays all aspects of Operations. Whether a small family owned business or a global corporation, manufacturers need to learn how to take a bite of emerging technology or risk being eaten. La-Z-Boy’s Dave Behen will demonstrate how one leading manufacturer focused on leadership and culture to add value and advance their business.