Employee Motivation and Engagement
Keeping your team motivated and engaged is a hot button topic as we come to the realization well-engaged, highly-motivated employees tend to stay longer than those who are disengaged or frustrated. John Keuning with Express Employment Professionals will walk attendees through four elements designed to increase your employees’ sense of value and set yourself up to effectively engage them in ideas, strategies, projects, action items and improved productivity.
- Learn a four-step approach to motivation and engagement
- Develop a list of actions to help bring the four steps to life for your organization
- A list of actions to try with suggestions customized for your unique situation
- An onboarding template to help develop a retention plan
Participants will work to create a “motivational pathway”, write and explore a SMART goal and create the company-wide genuineness to remind your team how much you value their role in brand success.
Technology Trends for Forward Thinking CFOs
The Digital Evolution has made significant changes to manufacturing, including reimagining the role of the Chief Financial Officer and finance department. James Meyer of Maner Costerisan will discuss the top technology trends affecting the finance function and provide examples of how these technologies are being applied and how companies like yours may benefit from them.
- What the key technology trends that today’s finance professionals need to be aware of
- How these trends can be applied and what are the potential benefits
- Ideas that can be immediately applied to improve automation and streamline operations
- Tips on how to stay in tune with technology trends
The automation and technology trends of Industry 4.0 are impacting the finance function, not just the shop floor and supply chain. Finance professionals need to understand and embrace these trends at they lead the digital transformation for their companies. If you know what to expect, there is no better time to be a finance professional than right now.
Improving Morale & Teamwork for Workplace Success
No matter the title — supervisor, foreman, manager — an employee's immediate supervisor plays a crucial role in their career development, job satisfaction and engagement. Those supervisors also affect whether an employee chooses to stay and thrive or walk out the door, ultimately costing your business money, time and productivity. Charlie Westra with the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center will engage attendees in an interactive presentation addressing the most essential aspects of leadership, from how to inspire and motivate employees, to how to increase engagement and build trust among workers.
- Explore the purpose-driven model behind motivation
- How to create enthusiasm, drive, ambition, initiative and determination
- Learn ways to better relate to subordinates and peers
- Apply proven listening and communication strategies to improve morale and department efficiency
During this session, the audience will be asked to complete a Workplace Assessment Survey and participate in small group discussions to develop first-hand solutions for specific on-the-job issues they face each day.