LANSING — Voting for Round 1 of the “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” is officially open. Part of the Michigan Manufacturers Association’s (MMA) annual recognition of the exceptional products made across the state of Michigan, twenty-seven Michigan-made products are vying for this coveted title in the 2020 People’s Choice Award competition.
The “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” is part of the MMA’s MFG Excellence Awards program which celebrates the contributions manufacturers make to Michigan’s economy and local communities.
“From thrilling recreational products and delicious treats to critical personal protective equipment and industry-shifting solutions, Michigan manufacturers have produced innovative things in 2020,” says MMA President & CEO John J. Walsh. “In the face of unforeseen and unimaginable obstacles, manufacturers never hesitated to stand up to the challenge and for that they deserve recognition and celebration.”
Round 1 voting runs through Friday, Oct. 23, 2020. Anyone can vote daily for up to four products at coolestthing.mimfg.org to determine which products make it into the Top Ten in Round 2, which will open Monday, Nov. 9, 2020. The winner of the “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” will be announced during the virtual MFG Excellence Awards event in January.
The 2020 “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” nominees are:
- Sanitizer Stand & PPE Station — ADAMS & Son, Inc., Sodus
- Airotrust — Airotrust LLC, Livonia
- Touch Free Hand Sanitizer Dispenser — American Grower Resource, Marne
- Antimicrobial Touch Free Door Opener — American Grower Resource, Marne
- Waketoon — Avalon and Tahoe, Alma
- Metal Disintegrators — Electro Arc, Dexter
- Golf Ball Tender — Golf Ball Tender, Holland
- Sanctuary Aromatherapy Spray Mist — Healing Vibrations, Ann Arbor
- Ultra-Pure Polysilicon — Hemlock Semiconductor, Hemlock
- Ice Cream — Hudsonville, Holland
- GO OutdoorTable — Landscape Forms, Kalamazoo
- Powered Lifting Hand Truck — Magliner, Standish
- Multi-tool — Michigan Drill, Troy
- Downcomer Duct — Moran Iron Works, Onaway
- Kayak Express — Moran Iron Works, Onaway
- 6400XT Wood Hog Horizontal Grinder — Morbark, Winn
- MOD-IRONS — More Golf, Detroit
- Orion Modular Hunting Blind and Stand — Orion Hunting Products, Iron Mountain
- Human Hoist — Personal Positioning Technologies, LLC., Bay City
- Solid Cologne — Samson's Haircare, Kalamazoo
- Shaggy's Copper Country Skis — Shaggy's Copper Country Skis, Boyne City
- SPOT 8MP Deep Cooled Scientific Camera — SPOT Imaging Solutions, Sterling Heights
- SuperMag88 — Multi-tool, Livonia
- TheEcoDryer — TheEcoDryer, Portage
- Classic Modern Day Powerboat — Thoroughbred Boat Company, Manistee
- TrainingMask — TrainingMask, Cadillac
- Puppywarmer — Warmer3 LLC, Battle Creek
Learn more about MMA and the MFG Excellence Awards at mimfg.org. For more information on the MFG Excellence Awards, the “Coolest Thing” or to schedule a call with MMA President & CEO John Walsh, contact MMA’s Delaney McKinley at 517-487-8530 or email@example.com.
For nearly 120 years, the MMA has been serving Michigan manufacturers and related industries by providing effective representation at Michigan’s Capitol, timely educational seminars, quality and competitive-rate insurance programs, informational e-newsletters and a monthly magazine. Visit mimfg.org for more information.
For more information, contact Delaney McKinley, at 800-253-9039 ext. 530 or 517-487-8530.
Learn more about MMA.
For Media Outreach