COVID-19 case rates are increasing rapidly in Michigan, presenting ongoing personal and professional challenges for us all. As an industry that has led the way as one of the safest workplaces, we must continue to lead the way in modeling behavior that will return our state and our economy to pre-pandemic levels of engagement and success.
We appreciate that Governor Gretchen Whitmer has resisted significant pressure to again shut our economy down with increased restrictions on businesses and individuals. Yesterday, I released a statement to the press commending the Governor for her call for expanded vaccination and personal diligence over further restrictions in our ongoing battle with COVID-19.
We at MMA join her in our support for a successful and rapid vaccination process and continued personal diligence to mitigate viral spread, such as wearing a mask, social distancing, proper hand washing and staying home when sick.
As an appointed member of the Governor’s Protect Michigan Commission, I am honored to work with a prestigious and diverse group to help ramp up COVID-19 vaccinations to protect the health and safety of Michigan’s residents and to accelerate the state’s economic recovery.
All Michiganders age 16 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- To find a site in your county, go to How To Get The Safe, Effective Vaccine and check the website of your local health department.
- You can also check with local pharmacies: Rite Aid, Meijer, Kroger, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, SpartanNash (Topco) and Cardinal (with Snyder).
- Residents who don’t have access to the internet or who need assistance navigating the vaccine scheduling process can call the COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 (press 1) Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- To register for the West Michigan Vaccine Clinic at DeVos Place in Grand Rapids, go to West Michigan Vaccine Clinic (spectrumhealth.org).
- To register for the Regional Community Vaccination Site at Ford Field in Detroit go to clinic.meijer.com/register/CL2021 or text End COVID to 75049.
While the ongoing pandemic will require our vigilance for longer than anyone could have ever imagined, manufacturers can and will lead the way to brighter days ahead.